Love F. Seymour
Love F. Seymour's fondness for her honored ancestors, whom she frequently visited in her youth, and incidents in her family history led her to manifest remarkable generosity toward Marion in her later years. The beautiful soldiers' monument - one of the most striking in New York State - was erected in Marion Cemetery by Miss Seymour and dedicated on July 16, 1904, in memory of her grandparents, Eli and Margaret Green, and in honor of the soldiers and sailors of Marion. The ceremonies of that day were witnessed by a vast assembly, one of the largest ever seen in Marion. Additionally, Seymour erected the Helen Green Chapel, the building for the Masonic Temple, the cemetery gates in Marion, and many other donations in both Marion and the Rochester area.