Come Explore the history of Wayne County, NY!
The Museum of Wayne County History is housed in the former Wayne County Jail and Sheriff's residence - featuring three floors of exhibition space and a two-story carriage house!
MUSEUM HOURS 2021
April 1st - December 10th
Tues - Fri: 10am - 4pm
Saturdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day: 10am - 4pm
COVID-19: HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATES AND GUIDELINES
• Physical distancing signage is in place to reinforce physical distancing rules.
• The number of guests allowed in the museum at one time will be limited.
• Per NYS and CDC guidelines, ALL visitors over 2 years of age, volunteers, and staff are required to wear an approved face covering while in the Museum. If guests don’t have their own mask, one can be provided at no cost.
• We have increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
• Hand sanitizing stations are scattered throughout our three floors.
•Our drinking fountain is closed.
* Please make reservations for groups larger than four (or family groups larger than six)
by calling 315 946 4943
If you can’t visit us right now, please take a look at our Virtual Tour and Education page.
Each day that schools were closed, we posted an article on Wayne County History. Enjoy!