WELCOME TO THE MUSEUM OF WAYNE COUNTY HISTORY
Wayne County Historical Society
Explore the History of Wayne County, NY
The Museum of Wayne County History is housed in the former Wayne County Jail and Sheriff's residence - featuring three floors of exhibition space and a two-story carriage house.
MUSEUM HOURS 2021
April 1st - December 10th
Tues - Fri: 10am - 4pm
NEW SATURDAY HOURS: 9am - 1pm
COVID-19: HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATES AND GUIDELINES
We are happy to share that all employees and docents of the Museum are now fully vaccinated.
However, we are still following all CDC and NYS guidelines about the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below you will find our latest safety updates.
• Guests who have been fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a mask or
face-covering inside the museum.
• Guests who HAVE NOT been vaccinated are still required to wear a mask when
visiting the museum.
If guests don’t have their own mask, one can be provided at no cost.
• Physical distancing signage is in place to reinforce physical distancing rules.
• The number of guests allowed in the museum at one time will be limited.
• We have increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
• Hand sanitizing stations are scattered throughout our three floors.
•Our drinking fountain is closed.
* Please make reservations for groups larger than four (or family groups larger than six)
by calling (315) 946-4943
If you can’t visit us right now, please look at our Virtual Tour and Education page.